Member Benefits and FAQS
Message from our President
Joe Bell, eSolutions
Board Chair, Cooperative Exchange
Benefits of Membership
- Networking with members of the industry
- Provide a forum to discuss issues that impact the clearinghouse industry
- Promote initiatives that improve the clearinghouse industry
- Take advantage of member benefits, such as discounts for ancillary services, as they become available
Why was the Cooperative Exchange Association established and what are the goals of the organization?
Cooperative Exchange was established in 2002 to promote and advance electronic data exchange for the healthcare industry by improving efficiency, advocacy and education to industry stakeholders and government entities. The goals of the organization are to:
- As a combined voice, advocate on issues that affect the industry
- Be an established resource for industry stakeholders and government entities
- Provide value through education for Members
What are the criteria for becoming a member?
A Voting Member organization must be a clearinghouse as defined in the federal HIPAA statutes and regulations.
A Voting Member organization will be represented by a delegate that must be a senior executive of the organization, with authorization to participate in the Cooperative Exchange activities and exercise the member’s vote on such matters as are presented at Cooperative Exchange meetings and activities.
"To promote and advance electronic data exchange for the healthcare industry by improving efficiency, advocacy, and education to industry stakeholders and government entities."
A Supporting Organization is a non-voting membership category open to for profit organizations that share the goals of the Cooperative Exchange but do not meet the criteria for voting membership.
An Alliance Member is a non-voting membership category open to other not-for-profit industry organizations that support the mission of the organization and would further its mission and goals. By invitation only.