Membership Criteria and Dues
Membership Classifications and Criteria
A Voting Member Organization must be a clearinghouse as defined in the federal HIPAA statutes and regulations. A Voting Member Organization will be represented by a delegate that must be a senior executive of the organization, with authorization to participate in the Cooperative Exchange activities and exercise the member's vote on such matters as are presented at Cooperative Exchange meetings and activities.
A Voting Member Organization must agree to abide by the Mission of the Cooperative Exchange:
"To promote and advance electronic data exchange for the healthcare industry by improving efficiency, advocacy and education to industry stakeholders and government entities."
- Active-S (Gross Revenue less than $10M) $2,500 / 1 member representative
- Active-M (Gross Revenue $10M to $50M) $5,000 / 1 member representative
- Active-L (Gross Revenue $50M to $100M) $7,500 / 2 member representatives
- Active-XL (Gross Revenue $100M+) $10,000 / 2 member representatives
A Supporting Member Organization is a non-voting membership category open to for profit organizations that share the goals of the Cooperative Exchange but do not meet the criteria for voting membership.
- $2500 / 1 member representative
An Alliance Member Organization is a non-voting membership category open to other not-for-profit industry organizations that support the mission of the organization and would further its mission and goals, upon approval by the Executive Committee.
- Determined by the Executive Committee / 1 member representative