The Cooperative Exchange Education reports to the Board of Directors. The committee is responsible for assessing current and prospective members' needs and implementing CE programs to enhance the identified basic and advanced education needs.
The committee adheres to the applicable Cooperative Exchange bylaws, policies and procedures and supports the activities of the Board of Directors.
The Subcommittee's principal responsibilities are to:
- To assess the successes and failures of the previous year courses and incorporate new ideas into future program planning.
- To develop and present clearinghouse education to raise awareness of the role of clearinghouses to external stakeholders
- Develop policies and procedures for administering such courses, including guidelines for co-sponsorship and/or endorsement.
- Identify areas of interest that will be the subject of additional courses and appoint the procedure experts who will serve as the director of each course.
- Evaluate and promote the success of the program and recommend modifications as necessary.
|Date / Time (EDT)||Title||Presenter(s)|
|March 31, 2020||E & M Coding Changes Overview and Impact on Clearinghouses / Q&A||Zach Hochstetler, AMA|
|April 2020||X12 Codes Committee (ECO) Processes||Mary Key McDaniel, Margaret Weikert|
|April 2020||ONC Provider Directory Update||Michelle Barry|
|May 2020||X12 ARC process||TBD|
|Electronic Visit Verification (EVV)||TBD|
|TBD||FHIR panel discussion that includes the HL7 EMR/Provider Leads||TBD|
|TBD||Prior Authorization panel / collaboration with other stakeholders / WEDI survey results||TBD|
|TBD||Prior Authorization 278 Transaction Overview & Implementation & business & technical challenges||TBD|
Attachment Implementation Considerations, Part 3 – Structured Documents
|TBD||Overview of Attachments NPRM, Industry Impact, Public Comment Responses from CE||Emerging Trends Committee|
|TBD||Acknowledgements Overview / NPRM requirements / Industry Impact||Industry Affairs Committee|
824 – how is it intended to support the 275 and structured documents
|TBD||CMS and ONC NPRM – finalized requirements||Industry Affairs Committee|
|TBD||CMS Guidance on EFT Fees and VCard|